A partnership report by Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei and Koi Tū: The Centre for Informed Futures has examined how the COVID-19 lockdown has impacted on young Māori students’ educational experiences. Addressing rangatahi education: Challenges after COVID-19 reports on the challenges faced by many whānau on the wrong side of the digital divide, and provides recommendations for how the disparities can be addressed.
- Media release
- RNZ Morning Report: Māori students faced unequal access to tech over lockdown – report (6’49” interview with Rangimarie Hunia) | *NEW* Accompanying article: As Māori students faced education inequality during lockdown, iwi stepped up – report
- Waatea News: COVID catches students in digital divide
- School News: Addressing Rangatahi education challenges after COVID-19
- *NEW* Stuff: Coronavirus made our education system even more unequal, leaders say
- *NEW* Te Ao Māori News (Māori Television): Rangatahi Māori faced unequal access to technology – Covid report (7’48” interview with Te Kurataiaho Kapea)